The Village Room Selection: Deadlines and Details
Tuesday, April 3 Students can start the online application process for Village Room Selection 2012.
Monday, April 16 Village Room Selection applications need to be completed online (personal history form) and housing contract before the process closes at midnight. No Exceptions!
Monday, April 23 Village Room Retention – log into the room selection portal and indicate that you would like to retain your current room for the 2012-13 academic year. Available from 8:00am - 2:00pm ONLY!
Thursday, April 26 Lottery times and access codes available for Village Room Selection via the room selection portal for those who completed the Room Selection application and electronically signed their housing contract.
Thursday, April 26 Preview of spaces available for Village Room Selection. Click on the “current spaces available” link on the Village Room Selection homepage.
Tuesday, May 1 Online Village Room Selection sign-up! All students MUST select a space by midnight!
Tuesday, May 8 Room Change Day! Check with the Village Residential Services Office for further information.
Selecting a room
- Students will log into the room selection portal to receive their lottery time and access code on April 26, 2012.
- Lottery times are assigned based on when the housing contract was electronically signed. Some students may have the same lottery time in order to get everyone through the process in one day.
- You may log in to the Village Room Selection program at your designated lottery time and any time after that up until midnight on room selection day to select a space.
- Once you've selected or been assigned to a space, you can login up until midnight on room selection day to check out your assignment or view your roommates/apartment-mates.
- All selected roommates must be of the same gender (unless you are participating in Gender Inclusive Housing).
- Prior to selecting a space, you may view the current space availability list by clicking on the "Current Spaces Available" link on the Village Room Selection homepage http://hdh.ucsd.edu/thevillage/roomselection.
- All space selections are final! Once you select a space and confirm it, you are assigned to that room or apartment. There are no room changes during Village Room Selection. (You may check with the Village Residential Services Office about Room Change Day).
- You will be sent a confirmation to your UCSD email account. This confirms your room assignment for the 2012-13 academic year. If you do not receive an email, immediately contact the Village Residential Services Office.
How are room selection lottery times assigned?
- All applications from eligible students who have signed their housing contract by the stated deadlines are entered into the room selection process.
- All individuals will be assigned a Village Room Selection lottery time based on when the housing contract was electronically signed.
- Students will be sent an email on Thursday, April 26th letting them know they can log into the room selection portal to get their assigned lottery time and day along with their access code.
- Students that receive a lottery time earlier in the day will typically have a better selection of spaces to choose from.
Back To Deadlines & Details ^
Unable to login at your lottery time?
If you can't login at your designated lottery time, you may login any time after that. You can select a space up until midnight on Village Room Selection Day. Please be aware that by logging in after your designated lottery time, you may have a smaller selection of spaces to choose from.
Room selection choices
Students will be able to choose from spaces allocated at the Village. The type or location of housing you prefer may not be available during your Village Room Selection time. All eligible students that complete the Room Selection Application process and electronically sign their Housing Contract are eligible to select a space.
We highly encourage you to view the current space availability list prior to logging in to select your space. This list will be available starting April 26, 2012. Click on the "Current Spaces Available" link on the Village Room Selection homepage http://hdh.ucsd.edu/thevillage/roomselection.
Back To Deadlines & Details ^
Commitment to diversity
Residents agree to the Housing Dining Hospitality commitment of supporting a community free from discrimination. Residents agree to promote individuality and diversity within the bounds of courtesy, sensitivity, confidentiality, respect, and safety where all residents coexist regardless of race, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and political beliefs.
The Village is home to students of all ages, many of whom are above the legal drinking age. As such, The Village recognizes the appeal of a substance-free community. If you are interested in such Housing, you will have the option to indicate it as a preference during the Housing Application process. For specific information, please contact The Village Residential Services Office at 858.534.9380.
LGBT Interest Housing
While it is the goal that every area on the UC San Diego campus is a safe and supportive home for all members of our community, UCSD recognizes the unique needs and challenges facing the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) community. In order to better support this community, each College/Residential area is making available Housing options to create opportunities for support, identity exploration, and community building for the LGBT community and those interested in this community. Priority will go to students eligible for on-campus housing at the time of room assignment. Students with a current on-campus housing guarantee may indicate a preference to live in this community during the housing contract process. All other eligible students may contact the Residence Life Liaison at email@example.com. For specific information about this program, please see your Residence Life website or contact your Resident Dean.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) strives to be ecologically responsible and educate our residents and employees on how we each individually impact the environment. Go to our sustainability section to meet Major Planet and learn about our recycling, conservation education, and sustainability efforts.
Students with a disability requiring special Housing accommodations should apply for Housing online AND contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) as early as possible. Students must meet all Housing deadlines and be referred by OSD to the Residence Life Liaison.
As are all of our residents, transgender students are valued members of the on-campus living community at UC San Diego. In order to support the needs of incoming and continuing transgender students, we strongly encourage students to contact the Residence Life Liaison by email or phone to discuss individual and specific needs. More information on transgender living and the transgender community at UC San Diego is available at the LGBT website.
Gender inclusive housing
Gender inclusive housing is available for continuing groups of residents in designated areas in our seven apartment living areas at UC San Diego. Gender inclusive housing allows continuing residents of all genders to live together in apartments. This housing option is available only to groups of residents currently living on campus at the Village. If you need assistance in seeking out a group that may be interested in gender inclusive housing, please contact the Village Residential Services Office at 534-9380. Applications are due to the Village Residential Services Office by April 5, 2012 at 4:00pm.
If you have unique conditions that may warrant special attention, contact the Residence Life Liaison by email or phone to discuss your situation and options.
Food Allergy Accommodations
Guaranteed students with food allergies requiring special Dining accommodations should contact Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) as early as possible, http://osd.ucsd.edu/. Students must register with OSD and be referred by OSD to the registered dietitian.
Back To Top ^