(Property Operations and Planning: POP)
Property Operations and Planning (POP) is dedicated to YOU. We aim to provide superior customer service and a safe, comfortable living environment.
Our POP Customer Service Center is prepared to collect all of your housekeeping, maintenance, and emergency requests. Please call us at 858.534.2600 or submit an online service request.
If you have a maintenance problem (malfunctioning plumbing, electrical, mechanical, safety, or structural defects) let us know, and we’ll respond ASAP. Requests are taken 24/7!
When calling, be prepared with:
- College name
- Suite or apartment number
- Phone number
When will my request be filled?
It depends on whether or not your request is an emergency!
Anything in your living space that is a life safety hazard or could cause damage to personal belongings or the living unit must be reported immediately to 858.534.2600 and will be handled as soon as possible.
Please call in any alarms, smell of smoke or natural gas, and/or flooding as soon as you notice them.
Response to all other repair requests will be handled at the earliest possible opportunity.
Maintenance does not provide service for:
- Telephone HDH is responsible for providing the phone wiring and jack only. Establishing actual phone service is the resident's responsibility.
- We’ve contracted with AT&T to provide repair services to the telephone wiring should a problem arise. To obtain this service call 1.877.7CAMPUS and a AT&T representative familiar with the University system will bill HDH directly for any line repairs needed.
- Computer Support and Cable Television Please contact ResNet at 858.822.2800 or visit http://resnet.ucsd.edu.
- Insect, Pest, and Rodent Control Please contact Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will collect your contact information, clarify the problem, and alert your Residential Life office.
This page provides you with information about our services so we can work together to provide excellent service. We encourage you to read your Residential Life Handbook and your Residential Housing Contract carefully for details about your particular college. Our staff looks forward to working with you to make your stay at UC San Diego enjoyable.
|College Residences||Custodial Responsibilities||Residential Housing Contract Information|
|Ways to Assist||Breaks/Holiday Schedules||Lofts and Bunking|
|Lock and Key Control||Security||Resident Personal Property Damage Claims|
This is a list of tasks intended to give you a better understanding of the services we will provide. This list is not comprehensive.
|Residence Hall Style Suites and Common Areas|
|Daily||Clean laundry rooms, elevators, mailrooms, and public restrooms|
|5X / Week||Vacuum carpet • Empty trash in common areas • Wash toilets/urinals • Clean basins, chrome, and mirrors • Wash showers, drains, and valves • Sweep and mop bathrooms and showers • Stock toilet paper|
|Weekly||Deep clean showers • Scrub tile and floors • Spot clean and high dust as necessary|
|Apartment Style Units and Common Areas|
|Daily||Clean laundry rooms, elevators, mailrooms, lounges, and public restrooms|
|Weekly||Vacuum living and dining rooms • Sweep/mop kitchen floor • Wipe down built-in appliances and kitchen countertops • Sweep/mop bathroom floor • Clean toilet and bathtub • Clean basin, chrome, and mirrors • Spot clean and high dust as necessary|
|Quarterly||Clean shower curtain • Clean water deposits from showerhead|
Back to Custodial Info ^
Items Incorporated from the Residential Housing Contract
Recess Access: If you are assigned to a Residence Hall Style unit, you will be required to leave the premises during Winter and Spring breaks. Please reference the break dates in the housing contract page and the list of Residence Hall Style units provided below to determine if this applies to you. Contact your Residence Life office for questions about access during breaks.Back to Custodial Info ^
|College||Apt. Style||Res. Hall Style|
|Warren College||Black Hall|
|Marshall College||Buildings A-M||Buildings N-V|
|Revelle College||Charles David Keeling Apts.||Argo Hall
|Roosevelt College||Mesa Verde|
Earth, North & South
Sixth College Apts.
Back to Custodial Info ^
You can assist us by:
- Getting to know the people who are permitted to be in your residence. This helps prevent unauthorized access to the area.
- Taking your trash and recycling materials out to the designated receptacles.
- Using a bathroom caddy.
- Immediately reporting any necessary maintenance or cleaning needs, such as fresh carpet stains, dripping faucets and showers, etc. Call 858.534.2600.
- Keeping all hallways, stairwells, and walkways in front of doors and elevators clear of any obstacles or storage boxes.
- Returning all Dining Services food trays, dishes, and silverware back to the campus restaurants or designated drop spot.
- Checking out a vacuum from your RA or HA when your bedroom requires vacuuming.
You can assist us by NOT:
- Stacking food trays, glasses, and dishes in your suite or apartment.
- Installing your own locks on your room or apartment door.
- Storing bikes in common areas, lounges, hallways or stairwells.
- Making any modifications or alterations to your room.
- Flushing anything other than toilet paper or toilet seat covers down the toilet.
- Removing any furniture from its designated area.
Service During Breaks
Service will be provided during the first week of Winter break. There will be no cleaning service during Spring break.
Holiday Cleaning Schedules
During a University holiday, your cleaning service will be provided on an adjusted schedule. If the holiday falls on a Friday, the service will occur in the prior week. If the holiday falls on a Monday, the service will occur during the following week. Cleaning service times will be shorter during holidays in order to service all units within a shorter time frame.
Lofts and Bunking
Loft and Bunking services are not available except when the University has assigned additional students to a specific room to meet guarantees.
Lock and Key Control
Call your Resident Dean’s Office to report lock repairs. After hours and weekend emergency service is available by calling the POP Customer Service Center at 858.534.2600. Lost or misplaced keys are a major threat to your safety and must be reported immediately. A fee will be charged for key replacement. An additional fee may be charged if a complete lock change is necessary.
For your security...
- Keep your doors closed and locked at all times.
- Know who is authorized to enter your residence.
Resident Personal Property Damage Claims
A Personal Property Damage Claim Form may be submitted for consideration when personal property damage has occurred as a result of staff negligence and/or facility malfunction. The Resident Personal Property Damage can be located here.Back to Custodial Info ^