UC San Diego Housing Important Deadlines
Secure Your Housing Space TODAY!
Upcoming Incoming Freshman Deadlines:
- Submit your SIR online by May 1, 2014
- Housing application due no later than May 1, 2014
- Housing e-mail should arrive to you by June 10, 2014
- Signed Housing contract and $650 prepayment due June 30, 2014
It is imperative to apply for Housing as early as possible. Your Housing assignment is determined by Housing application date, college of registration, AND room type preference. ALL OF THESE FACTORS play a role in determining if you are placed in your college of registration, tripled, or wait-listed. Please contact your college Residential Life Office for information and questions concerning room assignments.
Eleanor Roosevelt/I-House: 858.534.2261
First-year students who submit their Housing Application after May 1, 2014 for any reason, including late admission or admission resulting from appeal, may not be guaranteed campus Housing for Fall 2014 and forfeit the two-year guarantee.
There is no fee to apply for Housing and no penalty for not continuing with the Housing Contract process. Just follow the easy steps below:
Apply for Housing TODAY! Online application process closes May 1, 2014.
Apply for Housing now at http://myapplication.ucsd.edu. Print and retain your Housing confirmation page for your files. If your online application is completed after May 1, 2014 you may not be guaranteed campus Housing for Fall 2014 and forfeit the two-year guarantee.
- Log on to http://myapplication.ucsd.edu (normally available 7 am–12 am).
- When you get there, select the “Housing” link on the top menu bar, then select Housing Application.
- Locate your User ID number on your UC San Diego Admit Letter. Then carefully follow the directions on each screen beginning with the entry of your User ID number and birth date. When you arrive at a page that begins with the message “Housing Confirmation Page”, you have completed the Housing Application process. Please be sure to print and retain a copy of this page for your files. No other confirmation will be sent to you electronically or by mail.
- Make it a habit to review status updates in http://myapplication.ucsd.edu when completing the Housing Application or submitting the SIR (Statement of Intent to Register). The system should refresh overnight with updated information.
Apply Early: UC San Diego is not responsible for late applications caused by the inability of computer systems to connect due to high traffic volume on or near the deadline. Please call 858.534.4010 if you require assistance.
Please don't hesitate to give us a call at 858.534.4010 if you have any further questions regarding your housing application.
Submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by May 1, 2014.
New incoming first-year students must complete their online submission of Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by May 1. If you do not submit your SIR to UC San Diego, your Housing application will automatically be cancelled.
Students who meet the May 1 Housing Application and the May 1, 2014 SIR deadline will receive an email with instructions on how to access the Housing contract online. Make sure you have received the Housing instructional e-mail by June 10, 2014.
We are providing you with all the deadline dates in advance. It is your responsibility to contact Housing Administrative Services at 858.534.4010 if you have not received your Housing instruction e-mail by June 10, 2014. Do not call your college’s Residential Life Office.
You will receive an email with an initial room assignment in early September from the Residential Life Office where you will be housed.